No matter what your organisation does, there’s a good chance alternative fuels could be right for you – especially with the right fuel type and vehicles.
Alternative fuel options can work for you
The LoCITY Options Report identified four technology and fuel options that meet Euro VI/6 emission standards, have evidenced operational capability and may be capable of operating at similar costs to a diesel commercial vehicle:
- Battery electric, plug-in hybrid and extended- range electric
- Hydrogen fuel cell
- Dedicated gas (including CNG, LNG, biofuel and LPG)
- Renewable fuels like hydrotreated vegetable oil and gas-to-liquid
What’s the right fuel for you?
Electric vehicles could have sufficient range for my operation
With electric vehicle range improving continuously, it’s more likely than ever that you’ll be able to find a model to fit your mileage needs. According to the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership, small electric vans can offer up to an 80-mile range while large vans can offer 100.
Our smart chargers manage the overall charge input into the vehicles such that it does not exceed a set maximum level and ensures that all the vans are fully charged overnight and ready to use the next day.
Watch our case study video on the operation and practicalities of alternatively fuelled vehicles
Download the Best Practice Guide
Our Best Practice Guide can help you find out everything you need to know about alternative fuels, including:
- How to switch to and use alternative fuels safely
- The different factors to consider when choosing a fuel type or vehicle
- Where to access specific details on vehicles, clean air zones and regulations